I’m a Full Professor of Interaction Design at Aarhus University. I explore the use and design of digital systems from a humanistic perspective. My research focuses on design processes, participatory design, creativity, innovation, and tools that help people think and create in new ways.
Current projects and activities
- Professor and Fellow at the Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies.
- Co-director of the Centre for Digital Creativity at Aarhus University.
- Principal investigator of Digital Tools in Collaborative Creativity (CoCreate), funded by the Velux Foundations.
- Principal investigator of PLACED (Place- and Activity-Centric Digital Library Services), funded by JPI Urban Europe.
- Principal investigator of Creative Tools, funded by the Aarhus University Research Foundation.
- Member of The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters’ Young Academy.
News and updates
- [Dec 20] New article in International Journal of Design: Biskjaer, M., Dalsgaard, P. & Halskov, K. (2019). “The Same, but Better: Understanding the Practice of Designing for Incremental Innovation in Web Design“. [Download PDF]
- [Dec 15] Article accepted for CHI 2020: Yoo, D.,Tabard, A., Dalsgaard, P., Ducros, A., Eriksson, E., Klokmose, C. N. & Serholt, S. 2020. Computational Alternatives Vignettes for Place- and Activity-Centered Digital Services for Public Libraries.
- [November 8] New book chapter out: Dalsgaard, P., Halskov, K. & Klokmose, C. (2019). A Study of a Digital Sticky Note Design Environment. Sticky Creativity: Post-it Note Cognition, Computers, and Design.
- [November 1] New book chapter out: Dalsgaard, P. (2019)- Sociotekniske systemer : Former vi teknologien, eller former teknologien os? Verden ifølge humaniora.
- [October 10] Paper accepted for Computational and Cognitive Models of Creative Design (HI19): Biskjaer, M. M. & Dalsgaard, P. (2019): Opportunities and Barriers for Analog, Digital, and Hybrid Creativity Support Tools.
Talks and travels
- October 10, Amsterdam: Public lecture: Media Architecture for Community Building
- October 11, Amsterdam: Workshop: Media architecture and participatory design behind the scenes.
- October 21, Aarhus: AIAS Fellows’ Seminar: Idea archives: Documenting and analyzing creative workflows.
- December 10-20: Brisbane, Conference on Computational and Cognitive Models of Creative Design (HI19).
For prospective students
I am currently accepting new Masters and PhD students, particularly in the topics of digital tools in creativity and innovation, participatory design, design processes, and the combination of digital and physical components in Human-Computer Interaction. Please email me at dalsgaard[at]cavi.au.dk, sending a CV and a project outline, if you’re interested in supervision or mentoring, possibly in connection to one of our current projects.