In the spring 2021 semester, I will be teaching the class User-Driven Design at Information Studies, Aarhus University.
Previously, I’ve taught approximately 25 graduate and undergraduate university courses on Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) and Knowledge Management since 2004, primarily in the Digital Design and Information Studies study programmes at Aarhus University, as well as Masters classes at TU/e, Eindhoven University of Technology.
For prospective students
I am currently accepting new Masters and PhD students, particularly in the topics of interaction design, digital tools in creativity and innovation, participatory design, design processes, and the interplay between digital and physical phenomena in Human-Computer Interaction. Please email me at dalsgaard[at]cavi.au.dk, sending a CV and a project outline, if you’re interested in supervision or mentoring, possibly in connection to one of our current projects
List of previous courses
– Design (Spring 2014)
– Designing Interactive Systems (Autumn 2013)
– Design (Spring 2013)
– Designing Interactive Systems (Autumn 2012)
– Design (Spring 2012)
– Design (Spring 2011)
– Introduction to Design and Programming (Autumn 2010)
– Bachelor’s Project at the Digital Design programme (Autumn 2010)
– Design (Spring 2010)
– Introduction to design and programming (Autumn 2009)
– Knowledge sharing and organizational learning (Autumn 2009)
– Experience Design (Autumn 2008)
– Design Methods and Processes (Spring 2007)
– Design Methods and Processes (Spring 2006)
– Innovative Interaction Design (Spring 2005)
– Communities and Knowledge Sharing (Spring 2005)
– Human-Computer Interaction (Autumn 2004 + Spring 2005)
– Knowledge Sharing and Collaborative Information Systems (Autumn 2004)
Teaching at Industrial Design, TU Eindhoven
I spent the autumn semester of 2007 at Industrial Design at TU/e (Technical University of Eindhoven) with the research group Designing Quality in Interaction at which I held a Master Class on Designing for Engaging Interactions and another class on Interventions in Spatial Design:
– Master Class: Designing for Engaging Interaction (Autumn 2007).
– Lecture and coaching: Interventions in Spatial Interaction Design (Autumn 2007).